Despite the adverse conditions Steven and I managed to record episode number 3 of our weekly Microsoft focused podcast yesterday.
What do I mean by adverse conditions? My air conditioning dropped out for a while yesterday, got stuck in stores and shopping queues against my will, the internet connection was being flaky, and I discovered that I need some sort of a power smooth device in order to eliminate a pain in the ass buzz from my podcast kit. The thunder and lightning were out in full force threatening to knock out the power.
But we still got episode number 3 knocked out and it’s also the very first episode of WinExtra On Windows that I’ve recorded from Mobile Alabama.
Today’s show starts out with us continuing last week’s mention of Spindex with a follow up on another FUSE Labs release called Emporia, which for a lack of better understanding is a Twitter and blog search engine with specific channels of interest.
This leads into a bit if chatter about Silverlight and Apple’s toppling offrom the top of the market cap game. At which point we delve into a little bit of analysis of Apple vs Microsoft and the involvement of the DoJ which is beginning an investigation into Apple and it’s business practices as far as their music business is concerned.
Of course as with most things Microsoft our conversation ends up centered around Stave Ballmer and how people, and Microsoft, seem to forget just how open the company is becoming when it comes to their software projects.
Posts reference in the show
- Microsoft’s FUSE Labs unveils Emporia (alpha) – Steve Clayton
- Boom, Indeed: Apple Passes Microsoft In Market Cap – TechCrunch
- Horace Dediu on Why Robbie Bach Was Fired – Daring Fireball
- The reason Robbie Bach was fired – asymco
- iPad: The Reason Behind Microsoft’s Reorg? – Technologizer
- Is Steve Ballmer Really the Best Choice to Run Microsoft’s Consumer Business? – GigaOM
- Microsoft’s Robbie Bach Retires… Whoo-Hoo! (And J is gone, too.) – Mini-Microsoft
- Microsoft offers developers new Outlook tools under Apache open-source license – Mary Jo Foley
- Microsoft on Codeplex
Enjoy the show .:http://scrw.us/wow3
Download WinExtra On Windows #03 (Right click and select save as).
Got something to say? Leave us a voice-mail for next weeks show at (US) 251 272 9633 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.