This past week All Things D held their annual D8 conference where all the big wigs from the tech world congregate to be interviewed by Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg. The high and low points for this conference were obviously the appearance of His Jobness, Steve Jobs, as well as Steve Ballmer with Ray Ozzie in tow, and of course the VC darling of the moment Mark Zuckerberg from Facebook.
In today’s show Steven and I discuss the lackluster (to put it kindly) appearance of Ballmer and Ozzie and how six months from now it will be Steve Jobs’ time on stage that anyone will remember. As well we diverge for a few moment due to an interchange between Jason Calacanis and Mark Zuckerberg about privacy that Calacanis later expanded in an email.
We finish off with a discussion about the future of the PC and some interesting thoughts about our growing wireless and mobile world.
Posts referred to in the show.
- Ballmer at D8: “iPad is a new fashionable PC” Believes That Tablets & PCs Will Converge – The Next Web
- Steve Ballmer to Apple: Don’t count the PC out yet! – DVICE
- Ballmer and Ozzie Day at the D8 conference [Video] –
- Steve Ballmer admits Microsoft is “number five” in the mobile race – Computerworld
- The murky future of the PC, as in Personal Computer – WinExtra
Enjoy the show .
Download WinExtra On Windows #04 (Right click and select save as).
Got something to say? Leave us a voice-mail for next weeks show at (US) 251 272 9633 or email us at email@example.com.