Steven Hodson and myself are back to bring you yet another weekend episode ofon Windows, where we round up the weeks Microsoft related news and delve deeper into the big stories than we can on WinExtra’s Daily Brief.
Even though Windows Phone 7 is still the major news point when it comes to the company there has been some other interesting stuff going in the– both good and bad.
One of the more interesting posst we read this week about Microsoft comes from Frederic over at NewsGrange where he asks the question about whether Microsoft has finally turned the corner and become a company to really keep an eye on.
The rest of the headlines we covered are:
- Windows Phone 7 Launch on October 11th, Handsets Land on 21st - Softpedia
- The Microsoft Tanker Has Turned and You Ignore it at Your Own Peril – NewsGrange
- Free security software for small businesses – Windows for your Business Blog
- Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 Could Appear on Nokia Phones: Rumor – eWeek
- Weaving ever tighter–My Phone being integrated with Windows Phone 7 – WMPoweruser
- Visual Basic Developers Can Now Build for Windows Phone 7 – ReadWriteWeb
- Earn Rewards For Searching And Exploring With Bing! – Bing
- It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s “Super Wi-Fi” – Mashable
- Microsoft and Amazon.com CEOs oppose WA income tax – Seattle PI
- Steve Ballmer: PubliCola’s ‘biggest hypocrite’ of the day – Seattle PI
- WSJ: Bill Gates to vote for state income tax on rich – Seattle PI
Software Tips of the week
Paul’s Tip: Convert XP into a Windows 7 Virtual Machine with Disk2vhd
Steven’s Tip: SciLor’s Grooveshark Downloader
Enjoy listening to the show:
Download WinExtra On Windows #20 (Right click and select save as).
Leave us a voice-mail for next weeks show at (US) 251 281 8730 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.