Back after I’d been out sick for a day, Steven and I found some rather interesting news items for discussion in today’s Microsoft headlines.
Stuff like the fact that Ballmer likes to hang out onand considers that Kin defocused — well DUH! Then there is the new patent Microsoft has gotten for something that we have seen in one of their in the future videos recently.
Also we take a few minutes to point our listeners to a movement by the US government to create Internet blacklists, lists that are created with the help of trade organizations like MPAA and RIAA. Ya .. that’s gonna end well.
- Q&A with Steve Ballmer on mobile, search and Facebook — Seattle Times
- Steve Ballmer: Kin ‘defocused activity from Windows Phone’ — Engadget
- Microsoft Strengthens Security for Hotmail — PC World
- Morgan Stanley analyst predicts Microsoft will buy its way to triple smartphone market share in 2 years — asymco
- Windows Phone? Here’s The Microsoft Office (2010) Phone - The Next Web
- Microsoft Patent May Portend Detachable, Dual-Screen Phones — pocketnow
- Stop the Internet Blacklist! — Demand Progress
- Americans: sign petition to fight Great Firewall of the USA — boing boing
- Text of S. 3804: Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act — govtrack.us
Make sure to subscribe to the WinExtra channel on YouTube to get the latest episodes.