Back after I’d been out sick for a day, Steven and I found some rather interesting news items for discussion in today’s Microsoft headlines.
Stuff like the fact that Ballmer likes to hang out on Facebook and considers that Kin defocused— well DUH! Then there is the new patent Microsoft has gotten for something that we have seen in one of their in the future videos recently.
Also we take a few minutes to point our listeners to a movement by the US government to create Internet blacklists, lists that are created with the help of trade organizations like MPAA and RIAA. Ya .. that’s gonna end well.
- Q&A with Steve Ballmer on mobile, search and Facebook — Seattle Times
- Steve Ballmer: Kin ‘defocused activity from Windows Phone’ — Engadget
- Microsoft Strengthens Security for Hotmail — PC World
- Morgan Stanley analyst predicts Microsoft will buy its way to triple smartphone market share in 2 years — asymco
- Windows Phone? Here’s The Microsoft Office (2010) Phone - The Next Web
- Microsoft Patent May Portend Detachable, Dual-Screen Phones — pocketnow
- Stop the Internet Blacklist! — Demand Progress
- Americans: sign petition to fight Great Firewall of the USA — boing boing
- Text of S. 3804: Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act — govtrack.us
Make sure to subscribe to the WinExtra channel on YouTube to get the latest episodes.