From companies tellingthat they are done with XP to the company giving 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs a Kinect each, it’s been a pretty interesting news day in the Microsoft world.
Unfortunately though, just as we thought it was safe to jump back into the Internet Explorer water, some company goes and throws a shark into the waters. Please no IE6, no matter how you want to slice the DLLs.
- Businesses tell Microsoft “We’re done with XP” — Ed Bott
- New browser add-on turns back IE’s clock to 2001 — Computerworld
- Bing Maps dropping Silverlight for HTML5 — The Next Web
- Microsoft: Windows Phone 7 is 20% more efficient than rivals — TechSpot
- Dell CEO Talks Google Android, Windows Smartphones, Tablets - eWeek
- Xbox Live Gold Family Pack released, four yearly memberships for price of less than two — WinRumors
- Microsoft giving Kinects to 4,000 Boys and Girls Clubs — The Next Web
Make sure to subscribe to the WinExtra channel on YouTube to get the latest episodes.